Monday 20 December 2010

KPE Episode 335: Big Fish Little Fish

Unaloto and Kobe podcast "Big Fish Little Fish" by  Melanie Drewery.
Jeremy wants to win the local fishing competition. He has his heart set on the first prize of a spinning sure-catch reel and a snap-resistant rod. He has plans to go out on his friend's dad's speed boat, but then his grandad offers to take him out in his old rowboat - and his mum accepts on his behalf!

The author's message is that it's not the size of the fish, it is the reason for catching the fish that counts. A section at the back of the book has information on fishing and the whaling industry in New Zealand.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Kobe and Unaloto!

    My name is Jennifer Kelley and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama in the U.S. I was assigned to listen to your blog and boy am I glad I was! It was great to hear you guys talk about this book. I was so intrigued that I found a website where I can order the book. I want to read it for myself. Great podcast, you guys! If you have time, come visit my blog at http://kelleyjenniferedm310.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kobe and Unaloto!

    My name is Courtney muse and I am a student at the University of South alabama in Mobile, Alabama. A long way from you guys! Im currently taking a course that teach future teachers to incorporate technology and its' resources in the classroom such as podcasts. And everytime I come across a blogs from students like yourselves I get more and more excited about teachers. Students like you inspire me and other's. So therefore, ya'll deserve a comment! A job well done!

    Oh yea, I am working on a blog myself. So if you get a chance visit my blog please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey guys
    that was a cool podcast about big fish little fish

    from the cool cats

    ReplyDelete