Sunday 9 December 2007

KPE Episode 156 - "The Waka"

'The Waka' by Jean Prior is reviewed by Iese from Room 18 and Tari is his DJ. Iese says, " I recorded this podcast with Tari and it's my second podcast. I enjoyed podcasting with Tari because we sang a song to our podcast. The song relates to the book because it's about all the waka that brought the Maori people to New Zealand."
The story is similar in parts to the story of Noah's Ark from the Bible, but this version has a very kiwi flavour, with Rangatira in charge of the waka and all the creatures going on board are native to New Zealand. Have a listen (or a read) and see how many you recognise. And don't forget to let Iese and Tari know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. That's a wicked cool story boys and from the NZ perspective too, looking forward to your next episode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your podcast Iese and Tari.You made me want to read the book and I loved your singing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi guys

    i know jean prior and i'm going to send her a link to your podcast. she'll love how you've made such a fantastic learning experience out of her book!

    cynthia

    ReplyDelete